Bug in ExternalComponent

Hi,

I have written an external component implementing the Component interface which I then add to the ExternalComponentManager. Inside this method my component is wrapped into the ExternalComponent, which does some stuff like starting the component, calling the process(Packet) method and so on.

However, if I remove my component from the ExternalComponentManager, it calls shutdown on the wrapper, but the wrapper does not call it on the wrapped component. The consequence is, that my component never receives anything to shutdown, which is very problematic!

ExternalComponent.class (lines 370 - 373)

public void shutdown() {
shutdown = true;
disconnect();
}

Should be:

public void shutdown() {
shutdown = true;

// Notify the component to shutdown
component.shutdown();

disconnect();

}

Cheers,

Adam

Thanks, filed this as OF-85 to track its resolution

daryl

Hi, thanks! I’ve reviewed and commited your patch.

Thanks for cleaning up my improper filing niess, not sure why I placed it in Openfire, sigh…

daryl

You’re welcome Very quick reaction! Good job.

Do you plan to release a new version of Whack, say 1.0.1 including the patch? Or should I build myself a new version from the sources?

One other things you guys should do, is setup a maven repository for all your libs. Right now I have to deploy them manually to our internal repo. If you had one, it would really ease the usage!

Cheers.

Do you plan to release a new version of Whack, say 1.0.1 including the patch? Or should I build myself a new version from the sources?

As I know it is planned to release a new version, but I don’t know a schedule yet. So I would recommend to build the library from svn.

One other things you guys should do, is setup a maven repository for all your libs. Right now I have to deploy them manually to our internal repo. If you had one, it would really ease the usage!
I also recommanded that a few month ago, but I haven’t got much response from the Jive officials.

niess schrieb:

As I know it is planned to release a new version, but I don’t know a schedule yet. So I would recommend to build the library from svn.

Okay, I’ll do that. We have a workaround anyway, but maybe it’ll be better to have that inside the lib.

niess schrieb:

I also recommanded that a few month ago, but I haven’t got much response from the Jive officials.

Oh, tell them again. Maven is totally important today. It will make your software more attractive to users. What kind of arguments do you need for the officials? Some technical arguments or more “management” suitable?

Cheers,

Adam