Pre-populating the servername field

I’m trying to roll out spark 2.5.8 to my users, and I’d like for them to not have to type in the name of our openfire server. Is there a config file someplace that I can set the servername?

I can’t seem to find one.

Thanks!

Were you able to find a solution to your post?

I’m just now getting into Spark and the Openfire systems, but I had the same question. Thankfully, I found some searching got what I wanted.

This posting had the same request, the pre-populated fields question. Which lead to this document on the command line arguments.

Another post I found that might be useful was this: http://www.igniterealtime.org/community/message/128994#128994

Relates to silent installations of Spark, via the MSI installer. Includes options on how to insert default values, if I’m reading that right.

As a note, how I set up my clients Spark shortcuts was as such: username=%USERNAME%&server=foo.bar.com

Fills in the username on its own, so users won’t have to. Environments that have roaming profiles might use the username variable to keep configuration questions at bay. Now, if only I could get the password to auto-fill as well…

Thanks for the help Harshmage!