Fastpath Webchat "Error 500"

After upgrading to the newest Openfire, I installed the Fastpath-PlugIn. First it was working well (still timed-out connections but everythin else worked) and after doing some other stuff on the server I got this when I tried to access the webchat (http://serverip:9090/webchat):

HTTP ERROR: 500INTERNAL_SERVER_ERROR

RequestURI=/webchat/setup-index.jsp

### java.lang.NullPointerException{color}</h3></h3>{color:#000000}
at com.jivesoftware.webclient.jsp.setup_002dindex_jsp._jspService(setup_002dindex_jsp.java:77)<br/><br/>
at org.apache.jasper.runtime.HttpJspBase.service(HttpJspBase.java:97)<br/><br/>
at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:820)<br/><br/>
at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHolder.handle(ServletHolder.java:487)<br/><br/>
at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.java:1093)<br/><br/>
at com.jivesoftware.webchat.SetCharacterEncodingFilter.doFilter(SetCharacterEncodingFilter.java:44)<br/><br/>
at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.java:1084)<br/><br/>
at com.jivesoftware.webchat.SetupFilter.doFilter(SetupFilter.java:91)<br/><br/>
at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.java:1084)<br/><br/>
at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.handle(ServletHandler.java:360)<br/><br/>
at org.mortbay.jetty.security.SecurityHandler.handle(SecurityHandler.java:216)<br/><br/>
at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.SessionHandler.handle(SessionHandler.java:181)<br/><br/>
at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.ContextHandler.handle(ContextHandler.java:726)<br/><br/>
at org.mortbay.jetty.webapp.WebAppContext.handle(WebAppContext.java:405)<br/><br/>
at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.ContextHandlerCollection.handle(ContextHandlerCollection.java:206)<br/><br/>
at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerCollection.handle(HandlerCollection.java:114)<br/><br/>
at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerWrapper.handle(HandlerWrapper.java:152)<br/><br/>
at org.mortbay.jetty.Server.handle(Server.java:324)<br/><br/>
at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection.handleRequest(HttpConnection.java:505)<br/><br/>
at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection$RequestHandler.content(HttpConnection.java:842)<br/><br/>
at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpParser.parseNext(HttpParser.java:648)<br/><br/>
at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpParser.parseAvailable(HttpParser.java:211)<br/><br/>
at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection.handle(HttpConnection.java:380)<br/><br/>
at org.mortbay.io.nio.SelectChannelEndPoint.run(SelectChannelEndPoint.java:395)<br/><br/>
at org.mortbay.thread.BoundedThreadPool$PoolThread.run(BoundedThreadPool.java:450)<br/><br/>

Caused by:

Powered by Jetty://

Tried already:

-Deinst. of PlugIn

-Restarting Server

-New Inst. of PlugIn

Not sure what version you are running (whether on Windows or Linux) but I had this same exact issue. I am running Openfire on Linux and had to add a host entry to my /etc/hosts file to resolve this issue. You may want to try the same thing if you have not already resolved this issue.

Regards,

Troy

I have got the same problem.

openfire 3.5.1 on linux

Server Host: IP

Server Port: 5224

any ideas?

HTTP ERROR: 500INTERNAL_SERVER_ERROR

RequestURI=/webchat/setup-index.jsp

Caused by:

java.lang.NullPointerException
     at org.jivesoftware.webclient.jsp.setup_002dindex_jsp._jspService(setup_002dindex_jsp.java:76)
     at org.apache.jasper.runtime.HttpJspBase.service(HttpJspBase.java:97)
     at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:820)
     at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHolder.handle(ServletHolder.java:487)
     at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.java:1093)
     at org.jivesoftware.webchat.SetCharacterEncodingFilter.doFilter(SetCharacterEncodingFilter.java:45)
     at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.java:1084)
     at org.jivesoftware.webchat.SetupFilter.doFilter(SetupFilter.java:92)
     at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.java:1084)
     at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.handle(ServletHandler.java:360)
     at org.mortbay.jetty.security.SecurityHandler.handle(SecurityHandler.java:216)
     at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.SessionHandler.handle(SessionHandler.java:181)
     at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.ContextHandler.handle(ContextHandler.java:726)
     at org.mortbay.jetty.webapp.WebAppContext.handle(WebAppContext.java:405)
     at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.ContextHandlerCollection.handle(ContextHandlerCollection.java:206)
     at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerCollection.handle(HandlerCollection.java:114)
     at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerWrapper.handle(HandlerWrapper.java:152)
     at org.mortbay.jetty.Server.handle(Server.java:324)
     at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection.handleRequest(HttpConnection.java:505)
     at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection$RequestHandler.content(HttpConnection.java:842)
     at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpParser.parseNext(HttpParser.java:648)
     at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpParser.parseAvailable(HttpParser.java:211)
     at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection.handle(HttpConnection.java:380)
     at org.mortbay.io.nio.SelectChannelEndPoint.run(SelectChannelEndPoint.java:395)
     at org.mortbay.thread.BoundedThreadPool$PoolThread.run(BoundedThreadPool.java:450)

Did you try adding your hostname to the /etc/hosts file?

Troy

I have the same error as well. FastPath worked fine for awhile and then crapped out.

Running on IIS6. Latest version of Openfire.

Help?

I’m not familar with editing the hosts file. Can someone explain that a bit more?

hi…

i have a similar problem…whn i make some changes i the jsp and try to request that page then i am getting an error message as

HTTP ERROR: 500

No Java compiler available

RequestURI=/webchat/index1.jsp
Caused by:

java.lang.IllegalStateException: No Java compiler available
at org.apache.jasper.JspCompilationContext.createCompiler(JspCompilationContext.ja va:224)
at org.apache.jasper.JspCompilationContext.compile(JspCompilationContext.java:559)
at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.service(JspServletWrapper.java:303)
at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(JspServlet.java:314)
at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java:264)
at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:820)
at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHolder.handle(ServletHolder.java:487)
at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.ja va:1093)
at org.jivesoftware.webchat.SetCharacterEncodingFilter.doFilter(SetCharacterEncodi ngFilter.java:45)
at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.ja va:1084)
at org.jivesoftware.webchat.SetupFilter.doFilter(SetupFilter.java:92)
at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.ja va:1084)
at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.handle(ServletHandler.java:360)
at org.mortbay.jetty.security.SecurityHandler.handle(SecurityHandler.java:216)
at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.SessionHandler.handle(SessionHandler.java:181)
at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.ContextHandler.handle(ContextHandler.java:726)
at org.mortbay.jetty.webapp.WebAppContext.handle(WebAppContext.java:405)
at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.ContextHandlerCollection.handle(ContextHandlerCollect ion.java:206)
at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerCollection.handle(HandlerCollection.java:114)
at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerWrapper.handle(HandlerWrapper.java:152)
at org.mortbay.jetty.Server.handle(Server.java:324)
at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection.handleRequest(HttpConnection.java:505)
at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection$RequestHandler.headerComplete(HttpConnection.j ava:829)
at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpParser.parseNext(HttpParser.java:514)
at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpParser.parseAvailable(HttpParser.java:211)
at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection.handle(HttpConnection.java:380)
at org.mortbay.io.nio.SelectChannelEndPoint.run(SelectChannelEndPoint.java:395)
at org.mortbay.thread.QueuedThreadPool$PoolThread.run(QueuedThreadPool.java:488)