Openfire 3.3.3 issues

We are having problems with Openfire.

I have sent multiple support tickets with no reply

Issues which have not been resolved before upgrade to 3.3.3:

1. Active Client Sessions not closing, keep accumulating till its passed our license amount making enterprise,fastpath and sparkweb unusable.

(ghost sessions??)

The client sessions are named, however when it reaches a value greater than the amount in the sesions manager, it states a value anywhere from 250 up to 1200 sessions(these sessions are not valid as we only have ± 90 users).

1. Presence does not update on Clearspace(this is a known issue, and I have located the task, just awaiting resolution??)

Issues started after upgrade are:

1. Spark fails to retrieve agent information at times. (this happens on different versions of Spark. 2.07 - version that works well for our users now doesnt work)

2. Sparkweb randomly stops working(which in turn seems to stop spark from retreiving agent information), have to remove and re-install.

3. When opening up spark, takes 30 seconds to 1 minute to retrieve information from spark, agents, bookmarks(sometimes stalled for a longer perios of time) etc.

Errors in logs are:

2007.09.25 09:15:55 org.jivesoftware.openfire.nio.ConnectionHandler.messageReceived(ConnectionHandle r.java:134) Closing connection due to error while processing message: </stream:stream><iq xmlns=“jabber:client” id=“agsXMPP_9” type=“get” to=“chat.webafrica.co.za”><query xmlns=“jabber:iq:agents” /></iq>

org.xmlpull.v1.XmlPullParserException: expected start tag name and not / (position: START_DOCUMENT seen </… @1:2)

at org.xmlpull.mxp1.MXParser.parseProlog(MXParser.java:1475)

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.net.MXParser.nextImpl(MXParser.java:331)

at org.xmlpull.mxp1.MXParser.nextToken(MXParser.java:1100)

at org.dom4j.io.XMPPPacketReader.parseDocument(XMPPPacketReader.java:317)

at org.dom4j.io.XMPPPacketReader.read(XMPPPacketReader.java:154)

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.net.StanzaHandler.process(StanzaHandler.java:123)

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.nio.ConnectionHandler.messageReceived(ConnectionHandl er.java:132)

at org.apache.mina.common.support.AbstractIoFilterChain$TailFilter.messageReceived (AbstractIoFilterChain.java:570)

at org.apache.mina.common.support.AbstractIoFilterChain.callNextMessageReceived(Ab stractIoFilterChain.java:299)

at org.apache.mina.common.support.AbstractIoFilterChain.access$1100(AbstractIoFilt erChain.java:53)

at org.apache.mina.common.support.AbstractIoFilterChain$EntryImpl$1.messageReceive d(AbstractIoFilterChain.java:648)

at org.apache.mina.filter.codec.support.SimpleProtocolDecoderOutput.flush(SimplePr otocolDecoderOutput.java:58)

at org.apache.mina.filter.codec.ProtocolCodecFilter.messageReceived(ProtocolCodecF ilter.java:176)

at org.apache.mina.common.support.AbstractIoFilterChain.callNextMessageReceived(Ab stractIoFilterChain.java:299)

at org.apache.mina.common.support.AbstractIoFilterChain.access$1100(AbstractIoFilt erChain.java:53)

at org.apache.mina.common.support.AbstractIoFilterChain$EntryImpl$1.messageReceive d(AbstractIoFilterChain.java:648)

at org.apache.mina.filter.executor.ExecutorFilter.processEvent(ExecutorFilter.java :239)

at org.apache.mina.filter.executor.ExecutorFilter$ProcessEventsRunnable.run(Execut orFilter.java:283)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(ThreadPoolExecutor.java: 885)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:907)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)

Please could someone help resolve these issues as they affecting our business with regards to live chats, and customer chats etc.

If you need any additional info, please let me know.

Many thanks in advance.

We received a ticket from you very late last night (after midnight P.S.T). I’m reviewing your case now and will get back to you shortly.

-Nate

and what about users with out enterprise plugin???

Hi,

did you buy Openfire without the Enterprise Plugin?

LG

i didn’t buy openfire

but i have the same BUG

Hi,

then you could follow Ignite Process for Community Bug Reporting & Patches and create five threads, for every problem one which contains enough information to reproduce it - otherwise it may be hard to fix these problems.

LG