IM Gateway Plugin 1.1.2 Released!

mmh… yet there’s only 1.1.1 on the plugins page … can’t you attach the plugin to your post?

can’t find it either

prolly @jadestorm can attach it?

I did. And how are you linking to me like that? Like what are you doing to make jadestorm show up as a link to my profile? I’ve been seeing that show up in a few places and it peaked my interest.

I drew my magic wand!

Just copied your name with firefox…

Hey jadestorm…

First of all thanks for this new release and for adding Gtalk and XMPP

Second… will be available msn avatars (images from contacts) soon ?

Thanks in advice.

Daniel, Clearspace magic Text to Link Conversion Macros Within Clearspace

i make a mistake i thought that wroot was answering me

sorry

Message was edited by: ppdorapa

I can’t really say regarding the button icons yet. They are the most voted for thing, but as you’ve probably noticed I’ve been fighting fires getting 1.1.* solid lately so I haven’t yet had time to look into it. =(

jadestorm… yes really thanks for the gateway… its amazing

i hope soon msn avatar picture will be available.

Thanks for this great transport.

Looks great. Gateway icons are lighting up now. The MUC room list for IRC is AWESOME.

If I need to make a request for the next version, i’d like to see the MSN mail notifications, and the IRC nickname behavior in the MUC (which we’ve already discussed). (I’ll beta test it too)

I’m really happy with the stability. I was getting complaints constantly with the 1.1.0 betas and 1.1.0 itself, far less with 1.1.1, and it looks like not only are we more stable now, but have lots of new features to go with it with 1.1.2. I’ll move most of my friends and coworkers off IRC with the MUC name fix and my fiance will finally leave me alone about switching her from her faithful MSN client to Spark with the mail notifications

Thank you for all your hard work!

dm

MSN Mail Notifications are slated for 1.1.3 already, though voting for gate-311 couldn’t hurt

Why does XMPP transport has its entry in the roster?

Or maybe thats a Spark question?

http://www.igniterealtime.org/community/docs/DOC-1054

Extra gateway support for Spark.

Yes, this is a client issue. Client doesn’t support it, it will show up in the user list.

hmmm, some people have reported that when they first make an account, it logs them in, they get notification of who is online but in the main window everyone is offline until you either logout then in again or restart the program

Come on Ignite get this update posted so the autoupdate in openfire can install it. I am feeling lazy this week and do not want to manually install it.

I’ve updated to 1.1.2 and Spark 2.5.6 and still see the issues with some groups not appearing.

I’ve attempted this on multiple different computers (all Windows XP) and it still fails to work (but will work if I logout/in again).

This looks like a Spark issue (as the packet logs show the correct presence information).

Is there any way I can check that I’m running all the correct 2.5.6 code (apart from the reported version in the client).

D

Maybe you didnt understand. XMPP is supported by Spark, but unlike ICQ, MSN, Yahoo, Gtalk it’s showing in roster, not just in the toolbar.

Ok, I thought maybe you hadn’t installed the spark plugin for the extra gateways yet.

I just added an XMPP account on xmpp.us, changed my xmpp gateway in Openfire to xmpp.us, added the account in Spark and logged in. The light bulb changed color, and no user in my roster.

Hey,

I built this from scratch (as I needed to patch it with some of our changes) and generally it looks really great, thanks!

One thing I’ve noticed tho…

being signed in through the gateway IM and being signed in on GTalk (in my gmail screen) seems to result in weird issues. I was sent a message from another gtalk (in gmail) user that appeared on both clients - but on the gateway IM based client the user shows up as offline.

Could this be related to jabber priorities? Do you have any idea why this user shows up as offine? - I’ve not started the debugging of this yet - will do that soon though.

Mike

drmessano wrote:

Ok, I thought maybe you hadn’t installed the spark plugin for the extra gateways yet.

Yes. I havent installed extra plugin, because XMPP gateway is already working in Spark, unlike IRC, Gadu-Gadu or SIMPLE. It works like ICQ or MSN do, but it shows up in my roster in Transports group (like all transports were doing in the early Gateway versions). Should i install extra plugin to get rid of that entry in my roster? I thought XMPP gateway is fully supported by Spark.