Thanks to everyone for their continued interest in the new XIFF library. The release for the XIFF 3 Beta version in Actionscript 3 is still on its way.
In addition to the Actionscript 3 port, the new library was developed with AS 3.0 best practices in mind and will contain a few new features that will assist during project development.
1. Support for binary socket connection.
2. Support has been added to handle the separate deliveries of packets greater than 1500 bytes. This is generally a trait of large rosters.
3. All events and value objects are strong typed. I know you will agree that this will make everyones life just a little bit easier.
4. Support for Flex data binding.
5. Mixins have been eliminated.
6. Many, many bug fixes.
1. Update to EX4.
The library has been tested by me with both Wildfire 3 and a Jabber XCP servers. Check out a demo here:
Beta XIFF GUI (currently connecting to Jabber XCP)