Openfire 3.8 and vCard Mapping for Active Directory

Hey Guys,

I have upgraded to the Openfire 3.8 (nightly build because of the groups issue) I’m using Windows 2008 R2 Std. and Active Directory. I’ve been reading about vCard mapping for the avatar but I can’t get it working.

In Active Directory I’m using the thumbnailPhoto attribute, which I know is working because it does work with Outlook 2010, but in spark I can’t see the user’s avatar.

In the system properties I have updated the following:

ldap.override.avatar = true

ldap.vcard-mapping =

{sn}{givenName}{mail}{displayName}{disp layName}image/jpeg{thumbnailPhoto}</BINVA L>{homePostalAddress}{postOfficeBox}{l}{st} {postalCode}{c}{homePhone }{telephoneNumber}{mobile}{pager }{facsimileTelephoneNumber}</T EL>{title}{wWWHomePage}{company}</ORGNAM E>{department}

I know there’s post already about this issue but I have tried everything that is proposed without success (besides all those post are old)

Can anyone help me with this issue?

1 Like

I,

I’m also having issues with vcard mappings. My problem is that in the Spark Client, although I’ve changed the Nickname to have “{displayName}” it always shows the sAMAcountName… do you have this probelm also?

I’ havent’ come to the avatar’s problem, but it’s probably going to be the next probelm…