List of ports used by Openfire

My server has firewall, so there are only a limited number of ports openable.

Can I have a list of ports used by Openfire please?

http://your_server:9090/index.jsp

Interface
Port

Type
Description
All addresses

Client to Server
The standard port for clients to connect to the server. Connections may or may not be encrypted. You can update the security settings for this port.
All addresses

Client to Server
The port used for clients to connect to the server using the old SSL method. The old SSL method is not an XMPP standard method and will be deprecated in the future. You can update the security settings for this port.
All addresses

Admin Console
The port used for unsecured Admin Console access.
All addresses

Admin Console
The port used for secured Admin Console access.
All addresses

File Transfer Proxy
The port used for the proxy service that allows file transfers to occur between two entities on the XMPP network.
All addresses

HTTP Binding
The port used for unsecured HTTP client connections.
All addresses

HTTP Binding
The port used for secured HTTP client connections.
All addresses
3478 & 3479

STUN Service
The port used for the service that ensures connectivity between entities when behind a NAT.
All addresses

Flash Cross Domain
Service that allows Flash clients connect to other hostnames and ports.

1 Like

thank you Dele, yeah, all those ports are listed on the admin home page.

any other ports not shown there?

Yes, It will depend on what other plugins are installed, your s2s and external component ports

and here is another problem that i don’t know how to solve (about http binding for openfire plugin):

I know this is old post but I want to let other knows that the new version 4.0.1 the ports are listed in the admin console in System Information. The ports has changed from version to version so check your admin console.

This information was here in previous versions too. Also, i don’t remember ports ever changing. In Dele’s example ports are different because he has changed them from defaults (most probably).