Skip navigation
4758 Views 6 Replies Latest reply: Dec 3, 2012 8:07 AM by Steel Reign RSS
Steel Reign Bronze 11 posts since
Mar 1, 2012
Currently Being Moderated

Mar 1, 2012 7:04 PM

How to get OpenFire working with Bria for iPhone

So I have configure eveything in the Asterisk IM plugin and everything works perfectly. EXCEPT!!! being able to send text messges from the Bria for iPhone app. I can sednt test with spark or any other XMPP compatible clent, but when I try to authenticate it fails says

"Authentication Error (7) Account: User Name"

I have also downloaded Monal which is a free multi protocol chat client for iPhone and that connects and works fine, from all my work with installind Asterisk and testing different clients with asterisk I have noticed that some say "username' but it really wants the extension and vice versa.

I have attached a screenshot of my current settings. Any assistance would be appreciated.

Steel Reign

Attachments:
  • Alex Fantini Bronze 3 posts since
    Feb 10, 2011
    Nov 30, 2012 6:06 AM (in response to Steel Reign)

I tried your suggestion but it didn't seem to work for me.

Anyone else get this working?

Thanks

• Alex Fantini Bronze 3 posts since
        Feb 10, 2011
        Nov 30, 2012 8:19 AM (in response to Steel Reign)

Thanks for the reply,

I am just beginning to see what I can do with softphones and have used Zoiper and now Bria which I think is a better solution. What are your thoughts on the available apps?

Also I use Freepbx. Perhaps I should give up on using Openfire with Bria and look into SMS.

Not sure how I feel about the separate contacts for IM and Softphone yet..I was looking to combine the two as right now I use Pidgin instant messenger and have hard phones at desks.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points