Skip navigation
7109 Views 20 Replies Latest reply: Aug 11, 2011 2:51 AM by wroot RSS
mbirth Bronze 4 posts since
Mar 7, 2011
Currently Being Moderated

Mar 7, 2011 12:44 PM

S2S: 404 Not Found after Upgrade to OF 3.7.0

S2S to two friends - one using gmx.net and the other one using unixboard.de - worked fine with OF 3.6.7. Now after the upgrade to 3.7.0, Pidgin shows them as offline and also shows: "Error: 404: Remote Server Not Found". S2S to gmail.com works fine and I can see the session in the admin interface.

Both hosts can be pinged fine from my OF server and I can also connect to their port 5269 via telnet. The warning.log shows the following:

2011.03.07 12:02:55 Error returning error to sender. Original packet: <iq type="get" id="693-91" to="xxx@gmx.net/7347313821299489758336258" from="yyy.mine.nu">

<query xmlns="http://jabber.org/protocol/disco#info"/>

</iq>

org.jivesoftware.openfire.PacketException: Cannot route packet of type IQ or Presence to bare JID: <iq type="error" id="693-91" to="yyy.mine.nu" from="xxx@gmx.net/7347313821299489758336258"><query xmlns="http://jabber.org/protocol/disco#info"/><error code="404" type="cancel"><remote-server-not-found xmlns="urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:xmpp-stanzas"/></error></iq>

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.spi.RoutingTableImpl.routeToLocalDomain(RoutingTableI mpl.java:286)

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.spi.RoutingTableImpl.routePacket(RoutingTableImpl.jav a:233)

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.server.OutgoingSessionPromise$PacketsProcessor.return ErrorToSender(OutgoingSessionPromise.java:299)

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.server.OutgoingSessionPromise$PacketsProcessor.run(Ou tgoingSessionPromise.java:241)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(ThreadPoolExecutor.java: 886)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:908)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:662)

Can anybody point me into some direction to fix this?

• Guus der Kinderen KeyContributor 836 posts since
    Sep 8, 2005
    Mar 7, 2011 1:17 PM (in response to mbirth)

Try playing around a little with the security (certificate) settings. See if you specifically allow self-signed certs, things like that. Something changed in that area, although I don't remember from the top of my head what. Let me know if you keep running into issues, and I'll look further.

• Schlue Bronze 4 posts since
    Mar 7, 2011
    Mar 7, 2011 2:02 PM (in response to mbirth)

I have the same issue.

Also when I select "Server Certificates" in the admin web interface i get the following java exception:

java.security.InvalidKeyException: Supplied key (null) is not a RSAPrivateKey instance

at org.bouncycastle.jce.provider.JDKDigestSignature.engineInitSign(Unknown Source)

at java.security.Signature$Delegate.engineInitSign(Signature.java:1095)

at java.security.Signature.initSign(Signature.java:480)

at org.bouncycastle.jce.PKCS10CertificationRequest.(Unknown Source)

at org.bouncycastle.jce.PKCS10CertificationRequest.(Unknown Source)

at org.jivesoftware.util.CertificateManager.createSigningRequest(CertificateManage r.java:432)

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.admin.ssl_002dcertificates_jsp._jspService(ssl_002dce rtificates_jsp.java:549)

at org.apache.jasper.runtime.HttpJspBase.service(HttpJspBase.java:97)

at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:820)

at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHolder.handle(ServletHolder.java:530)

at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.ja va:1216)

at com.opensymphony.module.sitemesh.filter.PageFilter.parsePage(PageFilter.java:11 8)

at com.opensymphony.module.sitemesh.filter.PageFilter.doFilter(PageFilter.java:52)

at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.ja va:1187)

at org.jivesoftware.util.LocaleFilter.doFilter(LocaleFilter.java:74)

at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.ja va:1187)

at org.jivesoftware.util.SetCharacterEncodingFilter.doFilter(SetCharacterEncodingF ilter.java:50)

at org.jivesoftware.admin.PluginFilter.doFilter(PluginFilter.java:78)

at org.jivesoftware.admin.AuthCheckFilter.doFilter(AuthCheckFilter.java:164)

at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.doHandle(ServletHandler.java:425)

at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ScopedHandler.handle(ScopedHandler.java:119)

at org.eclipse.jetty.security.SecurityHandler.handle(SecurityHandler.java:494)

at org.eclipse.jetty.server.session.SessionHandler.handle(SessionHandler.java:182)

at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ContextHandler.doHandle(ContextHandler.java:93 3)

at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.doScope(ServletHandler.java:362)

at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ContextHandler.doScope(ContextHandler.java:867 )

at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ScopedHandler.handle(ScopedHandler.java:117)

at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ContextHandlerCollection.handle(ContextHandler Collection.java:245)

at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.HandlerCollection.handle(HandlerCollection.jav a:126)

at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.HandlerWrapper.handle(HandlerWrapper.java:113)

at org.eclipse.jetty.server.Server.handle(Server.java:334)

at org.eclipse.jetty.server.HttpConnection.handleRequest(HttpConnection.java:559)

at org.eclipse.jetty.server.HttpConnection$RequestHandler.headerComplete(HttpConne ction.java:992)

at org.eclipse.jetty.http.HttpParser.parseNext(HttpParser.java:541)

at org.eclipse.jetty.http.HttpParser.parseAvailable(HttpParser.java:203)

at org.eclipse.jetty.server.HttpConnection.handle(HttpConnection.java:406)

at org.eclipse.jetty.io.nio.SelectChannelEndPoint.run(SelectChannelEndPoint.java:4 62)

at org.eclipse.jetty.util.thread.QueuedThreadPool$2.run(QueuedThreadPool.java:436)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:662)

• Alexander Sergin Bronze 6 posts since
    Mar 10, 2011
    Mar 11, 2011 3:27 AM (in response to mbirth)

Does anybody send a bug report about this issue to issue tracker?

• jc1 Bronze 1 posts since
    Mar 18, 2011
    Mar 18, 2011 4:21 AM (in response to mbirth)

Same here. S2S is not functional, with or without TLS. Paradoxically we can communicate with ICQ users thanks to Kraken gateway (1.1.3 beta - who use it too? is it possible to be problem here?) but not with other jabber users.

• wroot KeyContributor 8,214 posts since
    Jan 24, 2005
    Mar 18, 2011 5:14 AM (in response to mbirth)

Looks like the same OF-443

• Aaron Axelsen Bronze 59 posts since
    Feb 5, 2007
    Aug 10, 2011 5:59 AM (in response to mbirth)

This is very annoying that we do not yet have a fix for this problem ...

• sven.borkert Bronze 4 posts since
    Jan 16, 2010
    Aug 10, 2011 10:30 PM (in response to mbirth)

Yeah, this problem is very annoying. Version 3.7.0 is not useable if you want to talk to people on other servers, I downgraded to 3.6.4. I really wonder why it takes so damn long for this to be fixed.

Jan 24, 2005
      Aug 10, 2011 10:55 PM (in response to sven.borkert)

Because there are no developers to fix this.

• sven.borkert Bronze 4 posts since
        Jan 16, 2010
        Aug 11, 2011 2:25 AM (in response to wroot)

Hi,

thanks for the answer. What happened to the developers? I thought this was a half commercial software with a company supporting it? Is there any chance that there will be developers working again on this some day?

Regards,

Sven

Jan 24, 2005
          Aug 11, 2011 2:51 AM (in response to sven.borkert)

This was long time ago. Original developers (Jive Software) has open sourced Openfire and left it as it is a few years ago. Currently they only provide this site and servers for our needs. So all projects on this site rely heavily on volunteers. There is currently only one strong java developer for Openfire, but he was very busy with his own life/job recently. I think one company is planning to invest some time and their developers into Openfire project on Q4, also a few days ago another volunteer proposed his help. As his company is working with s2s, i hope he will be able to investigate this issue. Nothing is set in stone of course, their plans can change. If you or your company has spare human resources (at least for one bug), you are welcome to contribute to this project.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (2)

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points