Fastpath WebChat Src Updates: Separates Host & XMPP Domain Settings

Folks,

My particular set up1 required that the Jabber server host node and XMPP Domain be different. E.g. the Jabber server node is ‘my-special-node.mydomain.com’, and the XMPP Domain set to ‘mydomain.com’ which does not resolve via DNS SVR record to ‘my-special-node’ (without modifying the name server). Fastpath Webchat war does not distinguish between the two. I have made source code changes that will support this configuration, and performed minimal testing to verify that the code additions functions properly. Note this also required that I distribute an updated ‘Xalan-Java’ jar2 to resolve specific backtrace error messages*3.

HTH,

BEA

Refs:

[bea@localhost logs]$ uname -a

Linux localhost.localdomain 2.6.18-92.1.22.el5 #1 SMP Tue Dec 16 12:03:43 EST 2008 i686 i686 i386 GNU/Linux

[bea@localhost logs]$ rpm -q tomcat5

tomcat5-5.5.23-0jpp.7.el5_2.1

[bea@localhost logs]$

*2 http://xml.apache.org/xalan-j/ , v. 2.7.1, place in ./src/webapp/WEB-INF/lib/xalan.jar for building. Also is included in attached webchat.war file.

Feb 13, 2009 11:34:27 AM uk.ltd.getahead.dwr.util.CommonsLoggingOutput info

INFO: Missing classdef for creator ‘script’. Failed to load uk.ltd.getahead.dwr.create.ScriptedCreator. Cause: org/apache/bsf/BSFException

Feb 13, 2009 11:34:27 AM org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationContext log

SEVERE: StandardWrapper.Throwable

javax.xml.transform.TransformerFactoryConfigurationError: Provider org.apache.xalan.processor.TransformerFactoryImpl not found

at javax.xml.transform.TransformerFactory.newInstance(Unknown Source)

at uk.ltd.getahead.dwr.convert.DOMConverter.<init>(DOMConverter.java:157)

at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native Method)

at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(NativeConstructorAccessor Impl.java:39)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(DelegatingConstructor AccessorImpl.java:27)

at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Constructor.java:513)

at java.lang.Class.newInstance0(Class.java:355)

at java.lang.Class.newInstance(Class.java:308)

at uk.ltd.getahead.dwr.impl.DefaultConverterManager.addConverterType(DefaultConver terManager.java:54)

at uk.ltd.getahead.dwr.impl.DefaultConfiguration.loadConverter(DefaultConfiguratio n.java:165)

at uk.ltd.getahead.dwr.impl.DefaultConfiguration.loadInits(DefaultConfiguration.ja va:119)

at uk.ltd.getahead.dwr.impl.DefaultConfiguration.addConfig(DefaultConfiguration.ja va:86)

at uk.ltd.getahead.dwr.impl.DefaultConfiguration.addConfig(DefaultConfiguration.ja va:66)

at uk.ltd.getahead.dwr.AbstractDWRServlet.init(AbstractDWRServlet.java:110)

at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapper.loadServlet(StandardWrapper.java:1139)

at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapper.allocate(StandardWrapper.java:791)

at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java: 127)

at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java: 172)

at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:127)

at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:117)

at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:10 8)

at org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:151)

at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:870)

at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11BaseProtocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.processConn ection(Http11BaseProtocol.java:665)

at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.PoolTcpEndpoint.processSocket(PoolTcpEndpoint.java:5 28)

at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.LeaderFollowerWorkerThread.runIt(LeaderFollowerWorke rThread.java:81)

at org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.ThreadPool$ControlRunnable.run(ThreadPool.java:6 85)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)

webchat-src-updates.tar.gz (17247 Bytes)
webchat.war (3779014 Bytes)

Note this is in response to this discussion:

Found a bug in index.jsp, reference to host instead of domain. Attached are the updates.
webchat-src-updates.2.tar.gz (19466 Bytes)
webchat.war (3778996 Bytes)

What is it about your configuration that benefits from this change?

No modification of DNS SVR records required. Our domain is the XMPP Jabber Domain, but the server is named differently. It matters most when the domain typically forwards to the web servers.

HTH

PS. I wasn’t intentionally trying to create attention to this thread, but every time I updated the doc with new information it re-broadcasts this, even when I checked box ‘do not notify of updates’.

This webchat.war does not work.

That is the Tomcat webapps war, not the Fastpath plugin. See link below. Also read this carefully for instructions. http://www.igniterealtime.org/community/docs/DOC-1744. Suggest also taking a look at the sources and try to build your own as my build is for amd64/FreeBSD, and the building tool chain I had installed.

plugins_webchat.war

I am new to openfire and xmppframework. I have setup the openfire and xmppframe work on my system both are working fine individually. xmppframework working fine with googletalk.

But I can’t find a way to connect my xmppframework with my openfire server.

Can anybody please tell me how to setup the openfire server with the xmppframework?

calzoncillos

__Most people walk in and out of your life, but only FRIENDS leave footprints in your heart__

Thank you!