Skip navigation
5288 Views 2 Replies Latest reply: May 3, 2008 8:38 AM by Mike Poole RSS
Mike Poole Bronze 40 posts since
Apr 21, 2008
Currently Being Moderated

May 2, 2008 10:07 AM

Spark Freezes up

Greetings!

I have been trying to run Spark2.5.8 on PCLinux for the past week and encountering sporadic crashes.

I'll either be talking to someone or in a MUC and all of a sudden, the next sentence I post disappears. I'll post at least another 2 and they fail to show up. I even stop seeing the other participant's messages. I then come to realize Spark somehow crashed. And although I can close the main window. The chat window refuses to close.

Not sure which of the logs would help the most. So, I posted both of them in hopes of anyone being able to help me get an idea whats causing this. Im almost wondering if JAVA itself is the culprit. As I have 2 other clients that have JAVA in them. JETI & Coccinella. And they too experience this same issue. Only difference is that I can at least close their windows.

I dropped this same question on each one's own support forum. So for now Im posting this here for Spark to see if anyone can pin point the issue.

Thanks

Attachments:
  • LG KeyContributor 6,395 posts since
    Dec 13, 2005
    Currently Being Moderated
    May 3, 2008 5:53 AM (in response to Mike Poole)
    Re: Spark Freezes up

Hi,

do you get a similar error.log again if you delete the current one. I wonder if the errors which occur before the AWT null pointer exception have something to do with it.

Anyhow it seems to be a Java problem as also other applications have this problem.

LG

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points