SSO + Auto logon + spark.properties configuration ... Please Help!

I am trying to configure for automatic logon without making the user go through the process of clicking though to the ‘Use SSO Via GSSAPI’ checkbox, in the ‘SSO’ tab of the Advanced Settings. I’m really trying to avoid making people configure their client for SSO. Any ideas on how I can accomplish this?

When a user logs onto the computer, the following batch file runs to create the spark.properties file with my settings. Unfortunately for them, they just get a logon prompt with the username and chat server filled in, without SSO being enabled.

spark-properties.bat

@echo off

REM this Check area allows you to not setup a profile for certain machines (such as our servers)

REM Just copy and paste for as many machines as you need.

:CHECK

IF %COMPUTERNAME%==chat EXIT

REM This Checks if a properites file has been published

REM This way you can update the file rename it here and it will overwrite

REM The settings file. Just change the 1 to 2 here and at the bottom and

REM it will update the properties file

REM you’‘ll want this because you don’'t want it to overwrite on every logon

REM because it will erase the password if they click save

IF EXIST “%USERPROFILE%\Spark\spark.properties.1” GOTO END

REM this section creates the profile with the preferences I wanted

:PROFILE

CLS

ECHO.

ECHO Setting up new Spark user profile - Please wait!

IF NOT EXIST “%USERPROFILE%\Spark” mkdir “%USERPROFILE%\Spark”

CD “%USERPROFILE%\Spark”

IF EXIST “%USERPROFILE%\Spark\spark.properties” DEL “%USERPROFILE%\Spark\spark.properties”

SET SPARKPREFS="%USERPROFILE%\Spark\spark.properties"

ECHO emoticonPack=POPO >> %SPARKPREFS%

ECHO username=%USERNAME% >> %SPARKPREFS%

ECHO toasterPopup=false >> %SPARKPREFS%

ECHO server=chat.my.domain.com >> %SPARKPREFS%

ECHO ssoEnabled=true >> %SPARKPREFS%

REM Remember to change the number here too

COPY Spark.properties spark.properties.1

You could make this easier, by editing an existing spark.properties file for SSO and distribuing the entire file. A sample is attached with a generic server configured. You should only need change that value (chaserver.domain.com).
spark.properties (830 Bytes)

This works perfectly, thanks.

Hello,

a file like the one you provided was exactly what I was searching for, however I doesn’t seem to work for me.

What worked for me is the attached properties file (its called spark2, because its a censored copy, the original file includes my name an the encrypted PW), but when I delete there the username and passwort and set “passwordSaved=false” it doesn’t work anymore.

Does anyone know how to fix this?
spark2.properties (999 Bytes)

First let me say this thread is closed, you should start a new thread. Second this means that SSO is not configured correctly.

Will this method work for ubuntu based opefire server with LDAP authentication to a Windows AD?

Thanks

sixthring, could you try to help me with my thread? Is about the same problem, but not using SSO:

http://community.igniterealtime.org/message/220742#220742