Bug-Report / multiline system properties

I defined an system property which has multiple lines. This works, but the problem is that when I edit my property again it is displayed with
for each newline. If I save again this
are now in the String, so I have to remove them each time.

Go into “Openfire Admin Console” and create a property test.property with value

Test
Test

and save it.

(real newline, no \n or
)

Edit the property again, text in EditBox is now:

Test
<br>Test

Save the property again.

Value is now

Test
<br>Test

Edit: I’m using Openfire 3.4.4 / Linux

Can you explain the purpose of multiline system properties? Because i can store long property in there and no <br> appears. Storing some informational messages (with multilines) in system properties seems not logical to me. I just want to clarify what priority should i set on that issue if i file that in JIRA (minor, major).

I’m currently writing an LaTeX interface for my Helga-Bot. (not latex, but LaTeX )

I store an LaTeX template as system property, so users can easily change it to add custom packages etc., without need to recompile Helga. The LaTeX formula is inserted into this template, an external PERL script compiles it into an GIF-image, Helga returns an URL to this image.

The following LaTeX code is much better readable if it includes newlines. Especially because Openfire displays the complete property, not only the first N characters.

\documentclass[12pt]{article}
\pagestyle{empty}
\usepackage[ngerman]{babel}
\usepackage[utf8]{inputenc}
\usepackage{amssymb}
\usepackage{amsmath}
\begin{document}
\begin{align*}
[CODE]
\end{align*}
\end{document}

I just want to clarify what priority should i set on that issue if i file that in JIRA (minor, major).

Priority can be low, because it only affects admin who change properties and an workaround is available (*). But this bug should be easy to fix.

(*) delete
tags by hand

I know what LaTeX is JM-1295

Fixed for 3.8.2. OF-108