Skip navigation
4771 Views 8 Replies Latest reply: Jan 30, 2007 1:03 PM by pf2k RSS
Bronze 13 posts since
Dec 15, 2006
Currently Being Moderated

Dec 15, 2006 8:32 AM

Spark spellcheck

What does spark need installed on a pc for the spell check to work? I have some pcs where the spell check is available and some where it is not. Thanks!

• Ryan Graham KeyContributor 1,943 posts since
    Jan 17, 2003
    Dec 15, 2006 9:13 AM (in response to pf2k)
    Re: Spark spellcheck

Hi pf2k,

There doesn''t have to be anything installed on the PC (other than Spark, of course ) for the spell check to work. If it''s not working there are two things to check:

1. In Spark, go to Spark menu, select Preferences and in General Chat Settings page make sure the "Perform spell checking in background" option is selected.

2. The spell checker is actually a plugin so navigate to where Spark is installed (most likely C:\Program Files\Spark) and then go into the plugins directory and check to make sure the spelling-plugin.jar is present. If it''s not you can try copying the file from another machine that has it, and then restart Spark.

Hope that helps,

Ryan

Jan 17, 2003
        Dec 15, 2006 12:06 PM (in response to pf2k)

The directories are actually expanded versions of the .jar files which Spark automatically creates when it starts up. If I had to take a guess I''d say there might be permissions error that is preventing Spark from creating those directories. Are there any errors in the log directory?

Thanks,

Ryan

Jan 17, 2003
            Dec 15, 2006 12:18 PM (in response to pf2k)

You''re welcome. Good to hear you got everything straightened out.

• Bronze 16 posts since
              Oct 30, 2006
              Jan 30, 2007 12:56 PM (in response to Ryan Graham)

I have non-admin/plain user level users in most of my environment & their plug ins such as spellcheck do not work. They are also not able to additional plug ins such as the translator. Yes, I know they do not have rights to C:\Program Files\Spark\plugins, I also do not want to manually copy the directories to every single machine, including remote laptops. This will only become a bigger problem as time goes on & more companies run their local users as non-administrators. What is the fix for this?

Thank you

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)