Openfire/Spark Encryption

hello guys, i noticed that spark has a button allowing to encrypt message, and i dont want that…

Where i can disable that on my server ?

I dont like that, since people can talk with that and server will not monitor that.

Hi there,

You can open or close the monitor function at server-archive setting after installing the monitoring service plugin.

At the spark client, you can just cancel the encrypt button by click it again to disable the encryption.

Hope it helps.

You can disable OTR as a plugin for every user (not from the server), but they will be able to enable it again (unless you delete its files from the program files and user’s profile). You can just disable it in user’s settings. But users will be able to enable it. They can also install Spark somewhere and copy OTR plugin’s files to their profile to make it working again (if they will go for such length). The only thing to remove it for sure is to disable this plugin via default.properties, but again, it is not done on the server and you will have to copy modified spark.jar to every computer and modify and redistribute it for every new Spark version.

Spark default.properties guide (updated)