Users not automatically removed from rosters

Hello,

We’re seeing an issue where users are not automatically removed from other users roster automatically when they are removed from either the group (in our LDAP search string) or deleted completely from active directory.

The users that have been removed just show in the users roster as “None” for groups and we have the option to manually remove them.

Why are the users not being removed automatically from each users roster if we’re using LDAP only for our authentication/rosters?

Thanks!

Hello,

As a side note- I removed the users jid manually from the ofRoster table in the MySQL DB (they were still listed there) and restarted OpenFire, cleared Roster cache, and users IM clients are still seeing the user. Is there any way that the client is caching the roster and if so, how do we get it to flush that cache without touching every machine?

Thanks!

You didn’t mention what client do you use.

Sorry about that-

It seems to happen at least on the following:

• Miranda
  • Trillian
  • Aidum
  • Pidgin

For some reason it seems like the clients are not pulling an updated roster from the server. Any ideas are welcomed

– BUMP –

Can anyone help here please

Can you try with other clients? Say Spark?

I am experiencing the exact issue Adam is (which led me to this post) and can confirm that this is happening in Spark 2.6.3.

Same here.

Openfire 3.9.1 on Windows 2008

Spark 2.6.3 on Windows 7

I suppose David and Brodiemac1 use LDAP shared groups also. Can’t suggest much. You can try latest Spark build, but it probably won’t change anything. Looks more like a server issue.

You can also try Openfire 3.9.3, but unfortunatelly it has its own bugs. One of the LDAP related (groups disappearing after some time (OF-830). Also some users experience memory leaks or ghost sessions issues (OF-829, OF-813). So, you should probably use it only if you want to test if it fixes this problem at least (on a test server or something).

Spark latest build http://bamboo.igniterealtime.org/artifact/SPARK-INSTALL4J/shared/build-665/Insta ll4j/spark_2_7_0_665.exe