Latest nightly build and conferences

Hi,

Not sure if this is the right place, but the nightly builds going back a fair while have the same bug where when you join a conference room the user list is blank, the space is there, but nothing appears.

The rooms appear to work fine otherwise, but not having a member list is frustrating.

2.6.3 stable release is fine.

I also tried changing themes and deleting my profile under appdata with no change.

Im after XEP-0184 support in the Smack API which was just rolled into a nightly build!

Thanks
Christian

I think i have experienced empty occupants list once too. And now one room is not showing occupants roles (admin, owner), though it works fine with ingniterealtime.org open_chat room. This server is on 3.8.2 Alpha and mine is 3.8.1, though i don’t think this should matter. I suspect maybe this change introduced something bad SPARK-1522 (or this one SPARK-1511) . You can try earlier build to clarify this (can’t do this myself now). Like this one http://bamboo.igniterealtime.org/browse/SPARK-INSTALL4J-588

There is no build prior to 1511 to test with.

Can you be more specific of what the test scenario is? Also, can you post some screen-shots or logs.

thanks

Currently i have only problem with role icons. I have created persistent room, made it members only, put specific users into members, owner, admins. Then i log in with an owner or with a member and it shows everyone just with a green bubble, though in open_chat room on igniterealtime.org it shows me with a yellow star icon as i’m an admin. I don’t remember exactly but i think when i logged for the first time into this room it didn’t show me as an occupant. No screenshots. What logs do you need, Spark?

yes, spark logs would be good. I am trying the scenario myself thanks

Logs in my Spark’s profile are only from 2011 and in program files errors.log is empty.

Also, my MUC service is not conference.server but chat.server. I can’t create a service with “conference” name, because i have one, but hidden somwhow http://community.igniterealtime.org/message/229278#229278

Client OS: Windows 7 x64 SP1

jabber server: ejabberd w/ federation enabled, also in a cluster of 3 private servers.

Login: LDAP to Active Directory

AV: Kaspersky Enterprise Security 10 (it by default proxies 5222, which is disabled)

EDIT: We use end to end encryption in ejabberd too

Here is a screen shot of the problem, note the right window is blank, Ive blacked out the personally identifiable info, the room name is @ our domain, the names appear fine in the join window. The same rooms are fine in 2.6.3 stable too on the same PC.

Both rooms show the same, this one just doesnt have chat history to block it all out.

error.log in the install directory is empty.

warn.log in my profile directory is empty.

errors.log in my profile directory has:

Please note I see this on 2.6.3 stable, if there is a fix Id love to know?

08/05/2013 4:54:57 PM org.jivesoftware.spark.util.log.Log error

SEVERE: Unable to contact shared group info.

service-unavailable(503)

at org.jivesoftware.smackx.SharedGroupManager.getSharedGroups(SharedGroupManager.j ava:68)

at org.jivesoftware.spark.ui.ContactList$25.run(ContactList.java:1800)

at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Unknown Source)

at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerRun(Unknown Source)

at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(Unknown Source)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(Unknown Source)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

09/05/2013 9:34:37 AM org.jivesoftware.spark.util.log.Log error

SEVERE: Unable to contact shared group info.

service-unavailable(503)

at org.jivesoftware.smackx.SharedGroupManager.getSharedGroups(SharedGroupManager.j ava:68)

at org.jivesoftware.spark.ui.ContactList$25.run(ContactList.java:1800)

at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Unknown Source)

at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerRun(Unknown Source)

at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(Unknown Source)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(Unknown Source)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Creating a new conference and I can see members (which is just myself)

OK more info…

Its not the build per se, its something to do with the build and my account. If I login to another PC, same issue. However if someone else logs in to the other PC, no problems, if they log into my PC, no problems.

So now Im just more confused as to the cause…

A test account of mine is also having the same problems, and the security on each (AD LDAP authentication) is quite different.

And a bit more info…

In preferences if I tick the group chat option “show chat role instead of presence icon” and re-join the room, it shows members fine. Untick and rejoin, and it stops working.

So the chat role/presence icon seems to be the root cause.

I forgot about that setting… My issue with role icons is nonexisting, just a matter of a setting. At home i have this enabled, so i see role icons.

I tested it today. It works just fine, I didn’t manage to reproduce it.