Hybrid Authentication: No users in the system

Hello Everyone,

I’m close to taking our servers into production with a new clustered Openfire setup, but our system requires a lot of bots and generic users ontop of having all the normal users in our LDAP DB.

I’ve enabled hybrid authentication without a hitch /except/ that the user list shows no users at all.

The question I have is: Does it matter which database is primary and secondary? Rigth now LDAP is primary while the native DB is secondary.

I’m currenty running the nightly build from 2/8/2012 due to the sharing of LDAP groups in the rosters

If there is any further info I can provide, I’ll do my best to provide it.

Thanks!!

Hey, just chiming in to say that we’re having essentially the same challenge in getting hybrid to work properly.

Relevant configuration looks like this:

provider.auth.className = org.jivesoftware.openfire.auth.HybridAuthProvider

provider.user.className = org.jivesoftware.openfire.user.HybridUserProvider

hybridAuthProvider.primaryProvider.className = org.jivesoftware.openfire.ldap.LdapAuthProvider

hybridAuthProvider.secondaryProvider.className = org.jivesoftware.openfire.auth.DefaultAuthProvider

hybridUserProvider.primaryProvider.className = org.jivesoftware.openfire.ldap.LdapAuthProvider

hybridUserProvider.secondaryProvider.className = org.jivesoftware.openfire.user.DefaultUserProvider

With the configuration above, both local and LDAP users are able to log on to the jabber server but no users are shown in the user-summary.jsp page of the admin console.

If I change “provider.user.className” to “org.jivesoftware.openfire.user.DefaultUserProvider”, I am able to see local users but LDAP users aren’t able to log in.
If I change “provider.user.className” to “org.jivesoftware.openfire.ldap.LdapUserProvider”, I am able to see LDAP users but local users aren’t able to log in.

I am starting to believe this is some sort of bug with the user-summary page while using the HybridUserProvider but I am unable to pinpoint the exact issue.

Agree this is a bug in the HybridUserProvider. Opened http://issues.igniterealtime.org/browse/OF-731 to track.