Openfire Monitoring Service 1.3.0 NOT WORKING

I have just noticed our archiving stopped on our server on the 22nd of feb after I updated to 1.3.0

The issue is being tracked by your team but nothing seems to have been done about it. They have released a beta version (http://issues.igniterealtime.org/browse/OF-611) that is supposed to fix the issue, but all it has done is screwed up the archiving and statistics page so they are no longer readable and cannot be accessed. So i have had to downgrade to the non working 1.3.0 version again just to be able to see the archiving page again.

We really need this feature back up and running again as it is used in my buisness quite frequently, and I am under huge pressure to get it working again.

If this cannot be resolved, please can someone on the openfire support team provide me a link to the old 1.2.0 version that worked, as I can’t seem to find a link for it anywhere and i’d rather downgrade and have a system that works rather than using the new version that dosn’t.

On our ‘Server’ page I am seeing ‘admin.sidebar.statistics.name’ and ‘admin.sidebar.archiving.name’ where ‘statistics’ and ‘archiving’ are supposed to be when installing the beta2 plug in, clicking the ‘admin.sidebar.statistics.name’ link opens a blank page, and clicking the ‘admin.sidebar.archiving.name’ link shows the following error message :

Exception:

java.lang.NullPointerException     
at org.jivesoftware.openfire.plugin.monitoring.archive_002dsearch_jsp._jspService(archive_002dsearch_jsp.java:106)     
at org.apache.jasper.runtime.HttpJspBase.service(HttpJspBase.java:97)     
at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:820)     
at org.jivesoftware.openfire.container.PluginServlet.handleJSP(PluginServlet.java:247)     
at org.jivesoftware.openfire.container.PluginServlet.service(PluginServlet.java:105)     
at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:820)     at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHolder.handle(ServletHolder.java:547)     
at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.java:1359)     
at org.jivesoftware.admin.PluginFilter.doFilter(PluginFilter.java:78)     
at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.java:1330)     
at org.jivesoftware.admin.AuthCheckFilter.doFilter(AuthCheckFilter.java:164)     
at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.java:1330)     
at com.opensymphony.module.sitemesh.filter.PageFilter.parsePage(PageFilter.java:118)     
at com.opensymphony.module.sitemesh.filter.PageFilter.doFilter(PageFilter.java:52)     
at org.jivesoftware.util.LocaleFilter.doFilter(LocaleFilter.java:74)     
at org.jivesoftware.util.SetCharacterEncodingFilter.doFilter(SetCharacterEncodingFilter.java:50)     
at org.jivesoftware.admin.PluginFilter.doFilter(PluginFilter.java:78)     
at org.jivesoftware.admin.AuthCheckFilter.doFilter(AuthCheckFilter.java:164)     
at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.doHandle(ServletHandler.java:478)     
at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ScopedHandler.handle(ScopedHandler.java:119)     
at org.eclipse.jetty.security.SecurityHandler.handle(SecurityHandler.java:520)     
at org.eclipse.jetty.server.session.SessionHandler.doHandle(SessionHandler.java:227)     
at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ContextHandler.doHandle(ContextHandler.java:941)     
at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.doScope(ServletHandler.java:409)     
at org.eclipse.jetty.server.session.SessionHandler.doScope(SessionHandler.java:186)     
at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ContextHandler.doScope(ContextHandler.java:875)     
at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ScopedHandler.handle(ScopedHandler.java:117)     
at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ContextHandlerCollection.handle(ContextHandlerCollection.java:250)     
at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.HandlerCollection.handle(HandlerCollection.java:149)     
at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.HandlerWrapper.handle(HandlerWrapper.java:110)     
at org.eclipse.jetty.server.Server.handle(Server.java:349)     
at org.eclipse.jetty.server.HttpConnection.handleRequest(HttpConnection.java:441)     
at org.eclipse.jetty.server.HttpConnection$RequestHandler.headerComplete(HttpConnection.java:919)     
at org.eclipse.jetty.http.HttpParser.parseNext(HttpParser.java:582)     
at org.eclipse.jetty.http.HttpParser.parseAvailable(HttpParser.java:218)     
at org.eclipse.jetty.server.AsyncHttpConnection.handle(AsyncHttpConnection.java:51)     
at org.eclipse.jetty.io.nio.SelectChannelEndPoint.handle(SelectChannelEndPoint.java:586)     
at org.eclipse.jetty.io.nio.SelectChannelEndPoint$1.run(SelectChannelEndPoint.java:44)     
at org.eclipse.jetty.util.thread.QueuedThreadPool.runJob(QueuedThreadPool.java:598)     
at org.eclipse.jetty.util.thread.QueuedThreadPool$3.run(QueuedThreadPool.java:533)     
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)

I have now tried installing the old 1.2.0 version and am still seeing ‘admin.sidebar.statistics.name’ and ‘admin.sidebar.archiving.name’ where ‘statistics’ and ‘archiving’ are supposed to be. Installing 1.3.0 corrects the headings, but then the archiving stops working again. So it appears that the beta plugin has now stopped our archiving working altogether as I now cannot access either the archiving or statistics pages.

Can somebody please help me get this resolved? I have looked up how to get the archiving and statistics links back again on your support forum, but every solution seems to be to uninstall openfire and start from scratch. I really dont want to have to rebuild the server and lose our entire archive for the past 4-5 years.

I am running our server on Linux and have installed the latest ‘openfire 3.8.0 all.deb’ package.

Get the latest nightly build - It has an updated monitoring plugin that should fix most of the problems.

Nightly build of what?!? and where do I get this from?!?

This does the trick: http://community.igniterealtime.org/message/227137#227137

I’ve tried installing Beta 2 and it dosnt work, it messes up the headings as I stated above

‘On our ‘Server’ page I am seeing ‘admin.sidebar.statistics.name’ and ‘admin.sidebar.archiving.name’ where ‘statistics’ and ‘archiving’ are supposed to be when installing the beta2 plug in, clicking the ‘admin.sidebar.statistics.name’ link opens a blank page, and clicking the ‘admin.sidebar.archiving.name’ link shows the following error message :’

So how do I get the headings to appear properly again? And please don’t tell me to uninstall Openfire and install everything from scratch again, that would mean losing our entire archive.

If this isnt what you were pointing out, can you please point me in the direction of what post you were actually referencing.

Uninstall all monitoring plugins. Take the beta2 download and rename it to just monitoring then upload. Solved it for me. I am on the latest nightly build per the suggestion above which did not work until I did this.

B

1 Like

Thanks this worked

Hi!

Prosh to help to understand. There is OpenFire and monitoring service plug-in. Everything was normal, wasn’t updated yet to version 3.8.0 OpenFire. Correspondence of users ceased will remain. Then there was an updating 3.8.1 it also didn’t correct a situation.

Monitoring service of version 1.3.0 B than can be a problem? Incompatibility of a plug-in with the new OpenFire version? How to solve this problem?

I am currently running 3.8.1 and monitoring breaks on install.

Is there something I can do to accellerate development? Offer a bounty?

I think I read somewhere that monitoring plugin 1.31 was supposed to come out this week. I myself are having a ton of problems with 1.3 so I went back to 1.2.

Does anyone know if there is a way to access the logs if they were in fact logged to the db manually? I really need to get to those logs.

Thanks.