Problem with joining a group chat

hi,

I’m using Spark 2.6.3 for OS X. Problem: I have to join a hidden, password-protected conference chat room. But I can’t. The dialog for joining an existing room (“Create or join room” button) seems to be only a “create room” dialog: if have to enter the romm’s password two times, can set option for the room that are already set because the room I want to join already exists.

And it doesn’t work. After entering the room’s name and two times the password I’m asked to set a nick name but then I get a “The password did not match the rooms password.” (btw, it should read “… the room’s …” with an apostrophe)

However, the password IS correct (it’s rather easy) and I tried it many times.

I have no problems to join the room on a windows machine with the PSI Jabber client.

Any hints, tips? Am I doing something wrong?

Thx,

Stefan.

This is a bug. The only workaround for Spark would be to make it either visible, or leave it hidden, but not password protected. I will file it as SPARK-1510 but can’t say when it will be fixed.

Better later than never. I think this problem is gone in the latest Spark version.

The issue is still there.

I cannot reproduce this issue. I did have to provide the password more than once, which is a bit silly, but I could join the room without a problem.

I am using OpenFire v4.7.1 and Spark 2.9.4,

and Just 5 mins ago when I tried Activate Spark Window with Alter + Tab, it gave following message:

Can you try Spark 3+ ? That’s what I used.

OK, let me try.