FastPath NullPointerException

Hello,

Hoping someone can help as I am pulling my hair out from cryptic error messages.

Using Openfire 3.6.4 on FreeBSD 7.2 with the red5 plug in and Spark 2.5.8 on Vista… Everything is working fine at this point.

When I add the FastPath Service and FastPath Web Chat from the Available Plug-ins page in the Openfire console it appears to install ok. The demo workgroup is created. I can log into the demo account in Spark and I see the FastPath tab and it says I’m logged into the demo workgroup.

Now when I log into the Admin Console and click on the FastPath menu, I can see the Workgroup Summary. I see that the status of demo is Open and 1/1 total members are active, and the status of support is “Waiting for member”. If I click on the Workgroup name “demo” I get the following error:

java.lang.NullPointerException
     at org.jivesoftware.openfire.plugin.fastpath.workgroup_002dqueues_jsp._jspService(workgroup_002dqueues_jsp.java:466)
     at org.apache.jasper.runtime.HttpJspBase.service(HttpJspBase.java:97)
     at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:820)
     at org.jivesoftware.openfire.container.PluginServlet.handleJSP(PluginServlet.java:229)
     at org.jivesoftware.openfire.container.PluginServlet.service(PluginServlet.java:87)
     at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:820)
     at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHolder.handle(ServletHolder.java:487)
     at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.java:1093)
     at org.jivesoftware.admin.PluginFilter.doFilter(PluginFilter.java:70)
     at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.java:1084)
     at org.jivesoftware.admin.AuthCheckFilter.doFilter(AuthCheckFilter.java:146)
     at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.java:1084)
     at com.opensymphony.module.sitemesh.filter.PageFilter.parsePage(PageFilter.java:118)
     at com.opensymphony.module.sitemesh.filter.PageFilter.doFilter(PageFilter.java:52)
     at org.jivesoftware.util.LocaleFilter.doFilter(LocaleFilter.java:66)
     at org.jivesoftware.util.SetCharacterEncodingFilter.doFilter(SetCharacterEncodingFilter.java:42)
     at org.jivesoftware.admin.PluginFilter.doFilter(PluginFilter.java:70)
     at org.jivesoftware.admin.AuthCheckFilter.doFilter(AuthCheckFilter.java:146)
     at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.handle(ServletHandler.java:360)
     at org.mortbay.jetty.security.SecurityHandler.handle(SecurityHandler.java:216)
     at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.SessionHandler.handle(SessionHandler.java:181)
     at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.ContextHandler.handle(ContextHandler.java:726)
     at org.mortbay.jetty.webapp.WebAppContext.handle(WebAppContext.java:405)
     at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.ContextHandlerCollection.handle(ContextHandlerCollection.java:206)
     at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerCollection.handle(HandlerCollection.java:114)
     at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerWrapper.handle(HandlerWrapper.java:152)
     at org.mortbay.jetty.Server.handle(Server.java:324)
     at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection.handleRequest(HttpConnection.java:505)
     at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection$RequestHandler.headerComplete(HttpConnection.java:829)
     at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpParser.parseNext(HttpParser.java:514)
     at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpParser.parseAvailable(HttpParser.java:211)
     at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection.handle(HttpConnection.java:380)
     at org.mortbay.io.nio.SelectChannelEndPoint.run(SelectChannelEndPoint.java:395)
     at org.mortbay.thread.QueuedThreadPool$PoolThread.run(QueuedThreadPool.java:488)

Now I want to test the web chat client from within the Admin Console. so if I click on the Tools I’m redirected to server:9090/webchat and I see 1. Workgroup Demo “Live Help click here” and 2. Workgroup support “Live Help offline”. After clicking on “1. Workgroup Demo Live Help click here” a new window opens up and I have the following NPE:

Online Chat Service

Our chat service is unavailable at this time. Please check back soon.
java.lang.NullPointerException at org.jivesoftware.webclient.jsp.userinfo_jsp._jspService(userinfo_jsp.java:102) at org.apache.jasper.runtime.HttpJspBase.service(HttpJspBase.java:97) at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:820) at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHolder.handle(ServletHolder.java:487) at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.ja va:1093) at org.jivesoftware.webchat.SetCharacterEncodingFilter.doFilter(SetCharacterEncodi ngFilter.java:45) at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.ja va:1084) at org.jivesoftware.webchat.SetupFilter.doFilter(SetupFilter.java:92) at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.ja va:1084) at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.handle(ServletHandler.java:360) at org.mortbay.jetty.security.SecurityHandler.handle(SecurityHandler.java:216) at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.SessionHandler.handle(SessionHandler.java:181) at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.ContextHandler.handle(ContextHandler.java:726) at org.mortbay.jetty.webapp.WebAppContext.handle(WebAppContext.java:405) at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.ContextHandlerCollection.handle(ContextHandlerCollect ion.java:206) at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerCollection.handle(HandlerCollection.java:114) at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerWrapper.handle(HandlerWrapper.java:152) at org.mortbay.jetty.Server.handle(Server.java:324) at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection.handleRequest(HttpConnection.java:505) at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection$RequestHandler.headerComplete(HttpConnection.j ava:829) at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpParser.parseNext(HttpParser.java:514) at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpParser.parseAvailable(HttpParser.java:211) at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection.handle(HttpConnection.java:380) at org.mortbay.io.nio.SelectChannelEndPoint.run(SelectChannelEndPoint.java:395) at org.mortbay.thread.QueuedThreadPool$PoolThread.run(QueuedThreadPool.java:488)

Any help would be appreciated, not really sure what to do at this point.

Should Fastpath Service or Fastpath Webchat be installed first, or does it matter?

I wondered if I could reproduce these same errors on a windows server, so I installed 3.6.4 on Vista. I did have some trouble getting the workgroups to be displayed but eventually after a few restarts they started working.

Anyone have any ideas on what I could do to get the FreeBSD version working?

I also get the same error on a freshly built install of 3.7.1 on windows.

I also get the same problem with built install of the latest source on windows.

I got the same error with hotspot jdk7 and I switch to jdk6 and the problem is resolve. I think is a problem with xstream with doesn’t detect it’s an hotspot jvm and fallback to PureJavaReflectionProvider

Caused by: com.thoughtworks.xstream.converters.reflection.ObjectAccessException: Cannot construct org.xmpp.forms.DataForm as it does not have a no-args constructor

at com.thoughtworks.xstream.converters.reflection.PureJavaReflectionProvider.newIn stance(PureJavaReflectionProvider.java:51)

at com.thoughtworks.xstream.converters.reflection.AbstractReflectionConverter.inst antiateNewInstance(AbstractReflectionConverter.java:223)

at com.thoughtworks.xstream.converters.reflection.AbstractReflectionConverter.unma rshal(AbstractReflectionConverter.java:117)

at com.thoughtworks.xstream.core.TreeUnmarshaller.convert(TreeUnmarshaller.java:56 )

Yes, I have replace the xtream.jar using the lastest xtream.jar in lib folder. And it fixed .

I’m just starting to look into this Null Exception problem in fastback with fresh install of Openfire 3.7.1 on Ubuntu 12.04.1 LTS (GNU/Linux 3.2.0-32-virtual x86_64). Openfire console says it is running on Java 1.7.0_09 Oracle Corporation – OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM.

Might I ask where to get the xstream.jar and where/how to replace it?

Thx.

Ken

hi yhaind,

Can you give more details how do you replace the xtream.jar. where did you get it or did you downloaded it from some site.

what is the path to xtream.jar file.

I have been facing this issue for more than 2 weeks and can’t get past this error. your help is very appreciated.

thanks,

Makarand.

I pulled the jar from http://xstream.codehaus.org/download.html and it seems to work fine.

1 Like

This helped with my issue with 3.8.1

Ty i fix this problem with your solution.

how to get voice call in spark.asteriskIM is enabled in openfire.sip plugin

is installed in openfire.

i can do chat.but i cant make a voice call.

please help me out of this issue.

On Wed, Apr 3, 2013 at 5:24 PM, RubFire

This worked for me too, Openfire 3.8.2 with Java 1.7.0_45. My developer is happy again!

Where can I find jdk6 tar ?