UNC Path does not link to folder

Hi together,

we’re using Spark 2.6.3 with Openfire 3.7.0 as the backend.

When posting a hyperlink in a conference-chat it is an active link which anyone can follow, but when posting an UNC path (e.g. \server\share) the link looks like it is clickable but the link isn’t working.

In previous versions of spark the UNC links to files/folders was working correctly.

Any suggestions whats wrong here and how i can fix this issue?

Best regards,

Rohabu

Ich möchte nochmal auf die Frage aufmerksam machen.

That’s an unknown bug. I’ll record it and it might be within the next release. “Might be” is the key in this sentence.

Thx a lot!

Spark-1449

I provided a patch for that issue.

Thx a lot for the reply and the patch file.

As i am a totally untouched with programming i do not really know how to implement this patch.

Is there some documentation about that topic which i can consult?

If you are not in touch with programming, i guess you should wait for the next spark release. This hopefully will come very soon

Okay, so it’s a bit more complicated and requires programming knowledge…then i’ll look forward to the next release :wink: But nevertheless thank you so much for your help and guidance!

Sorry for bugging you one more time but i have one last question:

Is this patch already implemented in the SVN trunk of Spark?

I’m no programmer but i think i’m able to build a release from the source if that would help, there is enough documentation on that around.

No ist not yet in the trunk, but i think it will be today.

edit

Ok, i commited the patch to the spark trunk. I would be glad if you could test it for your needs.

Any new update for this? I am waiting for new windows version.

This is the latest unofficial build, which should have this fix http://bamboo.igniterealtime.org/browse/SPARK-INSTALL4J-585/artifact/JOB1/Instal l4j

1 Like

Thanks a lot. it fixed the problem.

any way to handle mapped server path? eg. “x:\serverfolder\folder1”