File Transfer issue in 2.6.0: Please test build 354

There was a file transfer problem identified during the 2.6.0 adoption. This issue was adressed and solved for a test environment. All users affected by this issue are kindly asked to check **build 354 **or higher and report their results.

1 Like

When we originally posted a bug report about this problem we did not think to include the fact that a SSL VPN was involved.

In our environment there are a large number of SSL VPN users, i,e, the client PC has more than one IP address.

Using this test build on several different Win 7 and XP computers all in different locations each using a VPN connection to the office LAN DMZ hosting an OpenFire server it is possible to transfer files and screen grabs, a good result.

The file transfer problem was a major stopper preventing general roll out of Spark 2.6.0 in our company. This is a great bug fix, well done and thanks.

file transfer running but randomly crached.

Can you try to get a systematic reproduction of the crashes? It is not observed ion our test.

tested at many platforms (windows xp,vista,seven) ,at local and wan clients ,and did not see any errors.

running spark client spark_2_6_1_12434

Hi,

Where can I find this solution?

I’m still having problems with file transfer using openfire 3.71 and spark 2.6.3

Thank you very much

Hello,

If I remember correctly Walter Ebeling posted a summary and a heads up regarding the bug in the file transfer finally being tracked down and fixed (well done to all involved in that exercise).

In our company we have been regularly downloading and using the latest version of Spark from the change control system:

http://bamboo.igniterealtime.org/browse/SPARK-INSTALL4J-581/artifact

This version has been used by several people in our company since it was posted, it appears to work well and file transfer has not been a problem since the heads up from Walter mentioned above.

Best Regards

Alan

The latest nightly build on Bamboo should do. Please note that there is an intentional “break” on some transfer modes between 2.5.8 and 2.7.0 nightlies. Under certain circumstances the file transfer from 2.5.8 to 2.6+ versions will not work. This was done to get Spark “standard conformant”.

I do recommend my users to upgrade to 2.7.0 (a company internal build) to fix file transfers. Thanks to AjsAjs report confirming this for another setup.

Thank you very much for your help, I really appreciate it. I work for a company in Colombia, I recently installed openfire 3.7.1 for 180 users and I installed spark 2.6.3 in all of my clients from the openfire website. First had some issues with java memory but I already fixed it. Now, my main problem is the file transfer. I started to download the nightly build #581with this link http://bamboo.igniterealtime.org/browse/SPARK-INSTALL4J-581/artifact that AjsAjs provided.

I started testing, and it’s working, I got an error but still I was able to make the transfer.

I downloaded the spark_2_6_3_12555.exe and installed on my windows clients, I’m going to install on all my clients and let you know my progress

Thank you all for your help.

Hi.

I’ve installed this version spark_2_6_3_12555.exe using the link AjsAjs provided (http://bamboo.igniterealtime.org/browse/SPARK-INSTALL4J-581/artifact). So far, I still having some issues with the file transfer, sometimes I have to try twice even 4 times in order to do the file transfer successfully. I can make the file transfer among the clients in my office (lan) without problems,but when trying to transfer from or to outside my lan, sometimes it doesn’t work.

I was checking the logs and I saw some lines that caught my attention:

Error.log:

2012.11.07 19:20:48 org.jivesoftware.openfire.filetransfer.proxy.FileTransferProxy- Couldn’t discover local host

java.net.UnknownHostException:web-lym: web-lym

at java.net.InetAddress.getLocalHost(InetAddress.java:1354)

atorg.jivesoftware.openfire.filetransfer.proxy.FileTransferProxy.initialize(File TransferProxy.java:195)

atorg.jivesoftware.openfire.XMPPServer.initModules(XMPPServer.java:597)

atorg.jivesoftware.openfire.XMPPServer.start(XMPPServer.java:485)

atorg.jivesoftware.openfire.XMPPServer.(XMPPServer.java:212)

Warn.log:

2012.11.07 21:30:48 org.jivesoftware.openfire.XMPPServer- Unable to determine local hostname.

java.net.UnknownHostException:web-lym: web-lym

Then I get asome lines like the following

2012.11.07 21:35:05 org.jivesoftware.util.log.util.JettyLog- HttpException(400,null,java.lang.NullPointerException)

2012.11.07 21:35:05 org.jivesoftware.util.log.util.JettyLog- HttpException(400,null,java.lang.NullPointerException)

2012.11.07 21:35:06 org.jivesoftware.util.log.util.JettyLog- HttpException(400,null,java.lang.NullPointerException)

2012.11.07 21:35:06 org.jivesoftware.util.log.util.JettyLog- HttpException(400,null,java.lang.NullPointerException)

2012.11.07 21:35:06 org.jivesoftware.util.log.util.JettyLog- HttpException(400,null,null)

2012.11.07 21:35:06 org.jivesoftware.util.log.util.JettyLog- HttpException(400,null,null)

I’ve seen in other posts that I have to set some properties in openfire:

xmpp.proxy.externalip

which I havent’s set yet.

Please let me know what I’m missing, I‘m new with openfire and now I have the entire company working with this chat but with these problems.

Thank you very much.