SPARK 2.60 freezing (Pidgin has no problems)

Hi, I encounter a problem with SPARK 2.60 while using Packet Filter Plugin.

(thread of the discussion is Re: Packet Filter Plugin not working correctly?http://community.igniterealtime.org/message/212687#212687)

When Reject Rule is enabled - SPARK trying to access blocked resource (chat room in my case) 10 times before errors out, also it trying to enumerate/access all chat rooms when I am trying to browse conference service. During that time - Spark is frozen.

When I use another client (Pidgin 2.7.11), there are no symptoms of the problem.

please let me know if any additional info is needed.

Thanks.

I don’t know what exactly is happening on the low level. But my thought is, that packet filter plugin is intervening the normal server-client communication and this plugin is not a standard thing. So asking Spark to cope with any non standard “feature” is too much. Is it working fine without packet filter enabled? Comparing Spark to other clients in this situation is not right in my opinion. Other client can have different mechanics/timeouts for dealing with this. And if developers will change something to make it error out faster, it can brake something else on the other end.