Redfire 0.0.0.3 Release

Hi. It doesn’t look like \USER_HOME\ works exactly right in Windows 7 (or perhaps Spark 2.6 RC1 is storing appdata to a different place since you made this)?

Looking at the Spark logs, it is trying to find the red5.properties file in C:\Users\Daniel\Spark, when in actuality all Spark user data is kept in C:\Users\Daniel\AppData\Romaing\Spark by default.

Creating the folder manually solved the problem for now.

Brian, I was having a similar issue and fixed it so maybe this will help you out.

Client A: initiates screen sharing

Client B: receives screen sharing offer

Make sure to follow the procedure in this order:

1. Client A: clicks screen sharing icon, sending a link to Client B and opening a java “Dekstop Publisher” screen sharing control window

2. Client B: receives link, clicks it

3. Client B: sees webpage load (with blank screen)

4. Client A: clicks “start Sharing” on the “Desktop Publisher” window

My problem was that I was instinctively doing the above process in the 1,4,2,3 order instead …

Dele, I’ll tell you that this really makes the system much less usable. Almost all of our screens are 1600x1200 or more (we have many dual-screen stations as well, I haven’t even tested that). I currently use VNC or Remote Desktop on all of these stations, and screen updates (though not super fast) are usable and the screens are readable. These are across international Internet connections and VPNs, so we are not talking about huge amounts of bandwidth. I regularly VNC over a VPN connection from the Philippines to Colombia (two countries not know for their quality Internet) across the Pacific ocean at resolutions of 1600x1200 and higher. I don’t know if this Java plugin has limitations with that (updates did seem a little slower, but still usable).

The point is that I found this screen sharing to be unsuable.

1. While I can control the mouse and move windows and click large buttons, the rendering of text is simply unreadable.

2. The mouse position was offset from my actual mouse position. Because of this, I could not use the remote screen’s Windows taskbar AT ALL. (to explain: the mouse on the remote end always appeared ABOVE my local mouse position. To use the taskbar I would thus have to position my mouse BELOW the active window area. But the plugin seems to stop sending updates to the remote screen once the local mouse leaves the active window area)

Screen-sharing was certainly an unexpected and exciting feature from Redfire, so I hope this doesn’t come across as complaining or demanding. But if you are taking the time to make this work, and want people to actually use it, you will need to address these two issues.

Most of the time, in my workplace, the user that will be initiating the screen sharing will be the user NEEDING HELP (in other words, possibly computing-challenged). The screen sharing procedure is already somewhat intimidating. Asking them to also dynamically control their screen sharing area is, I think, asking too much. This needs to be more user-friendly.

Hi Daniel, thanks for the feedback. RTMP with ScreenVideo codec is no match for VNC. I still think the use case for this is not Support desk and hapless user desktop control. There are many commercial products that solve that problem. I think a few power users collaborating from remote locations sharing their desktops with each other and working together to achieve a common goal is the use case for this.

Reducing the screen share to the actual area of interest instead of the whole screen improves the performance of both the publisher and viewer.

Hi Dele,

Redfire for OpenFire 3.7.0 is simply amazing. I have 2 questions though;

1. When a Video Chat is intiated, the user at the other end gets a http link. Can this be coded to appear not like a link but as the notification that appears when a user sends a file or when receiving a call from ‘Place a call’?
  1. Can the plugin be containerized in a java container so that it does not open with your internet browser but as a popup screen?

Thank You

Very good suggestions. They were both used to be in the old Red5 Spark Plugin

Popup screen containing web pages only working with Windows. Not working with Macs and Linux

Notification only works when all participants are Spark users.

If most users are Spark with Windows, then it is worth implementing.

Hi Dele,

Can you please help me recode it as all of the users on my network are Windows based and use Spark?

I will take a look as soon as I get a chance

I want to know what redspark is used to do in redfire package.Can youhelp me?

I cannot find sparkweb in redfire plugin.Can you help me?

I have 2 questions

1- I was using red5 for a project and i want to know the easiest way to reuse my videoconference platform based on the FITC demo of red5. Did you add the FITC demo or your videoconference is a different one?

2- I’m not a spark or xiff user, but i want to use redfire with my ruby/openfire client. My client work perfectly with openfire 3.7 and I only want to add the 2 way audio/video…is it flexible, can you tell me where i can find the documentation.

Thank you

1. No I did not. I only added the oflaDemo. You can add it yourself. Just look at what I did for oflaDemo and copy the required files. Redfire is really the red5.war build with all the additions for XMPP

2. No documentation. Just questions and answers here at igniterealtime.org. Just search

If you use Redfire with XIFF, you can open a single NetConnection for both XMPP messages and your audio/video streams. If you use your own XMPP client, then you must open a NetConnection from your Flash client. Otherwise use the supplied 2 way audio/video application directly from a web page.

Redspark is the replacement for the old Red5 Sparkweb. Read this

Ok I know I’m implementing this and its not supported in my instance due to the openfire ingration. However, everything works fine except when we invite someone to video/audio or screen sharing it sends the url as:

http://null:7070/redfire/blahblahblah

If we change the URL to the correct server fqdn it works fine, now your probably wondering what openfire implemenation we’re messing with and its the sipXecs integrated version.

Basically what I’m asking is where is the information stored for the URL to be generated? I’m sure sipXecs has some variable set, however I’d like to hardcode it to see if it makes a difference.

If anyone can help I’d greatly appreciate it.

Redfire 0.0.0.3 is broken with Spark 2.6.0 final release. It is normally done here (Red5Plugin.java) in the Spark Redfire plugin

private String protocol = “http://”;

private String red5server = SparkManager.getSessionManager().getServerAddress();

private String red5port = “7070”;

private String url = protocol + red5server + “:” + red5port;

For now, use the red5.properties file explained somewhere above to over-ride the Openfire server host name

Here is Redfire plugin for Spark ver 0.0.5 which fixes this issue
redfire-plugin.jar (3147278 Bytes)

Your fantastic, I just implemented the red5 properties too.

EDIT: just downloaded it and over wrote the old and and now the plugin doesn’t show up in Spark

Hello everyone,

I am one of the new user to OpenFire , spark, and sparkweb. Everything seems to be ok. I also just downloaded the plug in for sparkweb from the above link in this forum which is here: http://community.igniterealtime.org/servlet/JiveServlet/download/210883-10717/RT MPConnection.as.zip

but I don’t know how to install it in sparkweb. Can anyone point me to the right direction?

Thank for all the help and thank the team for their great work.

Dear Dele,

I tested >c:/ telnet openfire(my server) 1935

its open

i am also tested in ping.eu its showing open.

but i can’t get video from outside its showing error,

I attached that error.

Please help what want i do

I appreciate your Redfire plugin for spark. That’s a very useful tool for my work.

You know that right mouse clicks are not handled in screen share, but sometimes we do need to use it

My question is How can I enable the right mouse clicks in screen share?

If not, do you have any workaround for this issue?

I’m looking forward to your reply. Thanks a lot in advance.

David