Java Facebook Chat using X-FACEBOOK-PLATFORM

Hi,

I’m new here and that’s also my first project with smack.

I’ve already read something about the authentication methods of facebook chat.

First I wanted to use the MD5-Digest-blabla with username/password, but there’s a utter no-go,

so far I know the user must have a facebook username and can’t login with his email-adress. I think that’s really inconvenient.

So I decided to use the X-FACEBOOK-PLATFORM method.

BUT I have no idea how… and it seems to be a little bit difficult.

The facebook chat api documentation isn’t really instructive, so I have to hope for your help.

I think I only need some information for the authentication, the remaining things shouldn’t be so difficult I think.

I would be really grateful for any help…

everone has a facebook username afaik.

its the name of your profile www.facebook.com/myprofilename

where myprofilename is the loginname

no, you have to set it manually. When you create a new acc, you don’t have one, and I think most people still haven’t one. I’ve seen a really simple facebook chat client in java which uses the username/password method and I couldn’t log in with my email, I had to use my username…

But I’m not sure about that whole story, maybe there is a way to use username/pw method with email-adress, but I don’t think so

you can also login with your FacebookID, which is a 10-20digit code

the profile username just redirects to the F.ID

Is that still true Wolf? I tried quite a few times and every attempt fails. =( I’ve tried with just the ID, prefixing it with a u, and prefixing it with a - and none of them seem to work. Now – that said in my instance I’m coming in through XMPP via DIGEST-MD5.

I’ll look into this on the weekend.

but from what i know, i can login with both my profilename and my facebookId @home with either adium or miranda.

ill check with smack and spark