JMF exceptions on OS X

Hey there,

I’m using OSX for jingle. Since, according to the docs, Speex only works on windows, I added the JmfMediaManager to the sender and reciever.

When I make a connection, I immediately get an exception as follows:

Exception in thread “JavaSound PushThread” java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Illegal request to write non-integral number of frames (22050 bytes )

java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Illegal request to write non-integral number of frames (22050 bytes )

at com.sun.media.sound.SimpleInputDevice$InputDeviceDataLine.read(SimpleInputDevic e.java:514)

at com.sun.media.protocol.javasound.PushThread.process(JavaSoundSourceStream.java: 790)

at com.sun.media.util.LoopThread.run(LoopThread.java:135)

at com.sun.media.sound.SimpleInputDevice$InputDeviceDataLine.read(SimpleInputDevic e.java:514)

at com.sun.media.protocol.javasound.PushThread.process(JavaSoundSourceStream.java: 790)

at com.sun.media.util.LoopThread.run(LoopThread.java:135)

I also see:

Oct 29, 2010 6:54:56 PM org.jivesoftware.smackx.jingle.SmackLogger error

SEVERE: Track 0 is set to transmit as:

SEVERE: gsm/rtp, 8000.0 Hz, Mono, FrameSize=264 bits

SEVERE: Created RTP session at 18578 to: 192.168.1.155 11218

Oct 29, 2010 6:54:59 PM org.jivesoftware.smackx.jingle.SmackLogger error

SEVERE: - A new participant had just joined: bjorn@arigato.home

Any help is appreciated. Thanks,

bjorn

A bit more info: I ran AudioChannel directly (calling the main function) and it seemed to more or less work, echoing what I said into the built-in mike through the built-in speakers in what I presume was the intended fashion. When I tried it on my external sound interface it did not present any erors, but the output was totally garbled. If the input was silent the output was silent & if I made some noises on the input then there were some noises on the output but beyond that there was no intelligibility.