Does Openfire have script that breaks frames?

I use Elastix 2.0 and when I upgrade to 3.6.4 it will no longer stay embedded in in the control panel. It shows for a second then breaks the frames and takes up the whole window. I was wondering if there is code included to break frames and if so where I might go to remove it

Hi,

is this a problem with the admin console, http-bind or SparkWeb?

LG

It’s in the admin console. I have found that the login page does have a frame buster. Do you happen to know where that code is located? I have been having trouble locating the actual .jsp files to look for the code

The following link is the same issues I’m referring to but I’d like to make it work without the iframe buster so if I click logout it doesn’t break them as well.

Hi,

it’s in login.jsp, so you need to download the source code and edit it there. I don’t think that you will have any success if you try to edit the contents in plugins/admin/webapp/WEB-INF/lib/admin-jsp.jar as they are already compiled.

Anyhow I wonder why it did work with the previous version, even Jive Messenger does have this code in login.jsp.

LG

1 Like

The previous version I was using was 3.5.1. It’s the one that comes default with Elastix. I’m upset they haven’t decided to do anything with this. I’m sure there has been many fixes since that version. As soon as I got the new Elastix installed I upgraded my php and openfire. I wanted to be able to use the SIP phone plugin.

So now the question becomes… How do I remove it?

• Step 1: Download the source. So I know I need to do this.
  • Step 2: Edit the source. Easy enough in dreamweaver. I only want to edit out the frame buster.
  • Step 3: Compile the .jsp into an executable .jar file? Do I need to download the JDK? If so is there an easy way of explaining how to compile the .jsp’s into the .jar? Or a good place to read about how to do it? I looked on the site. All I saw was the document about using eclipse but it didn’t mention what OS he was building for. It was confusing (probably because I’ve never really worked with java.).

Also, is it possible anyone might want to compile a admin-jsp.jar file for me with the frame buster removed. I’m to the point where I would pay for support to get through my couple issues.

Sorry if this is a totally dumb question. I’m just trying to get a handle on how to go about doing things with Openfire. I look forward to any suggestions.

Hi William,

please make a backup of the existing admin-jsp.jar file, I did simply compile it without any testing. But the chances are very high that it does work.

In the Openfire Dev section are two documents which describe how to setup Eclipse to build Openfire.

LG
admin-jsp.jar (825587 Bytes)

1 Like

Thank you very much for that! It works perfectly now! (All except my SIP Phone Plugin but thats another issue entirely…)

Awesome! Wheres the donate button?

Ok. So now I hit a bug. And I know it has to do with the admin-jsp.jar because I swapped out the new with the backup (thanks for reminding me to do that BTW) and the issue got fixed.

You might try it and see what I mean. I can’t get to the Create new user screen in Openfire with the edited jar. Also the same error for trying to edit a Rooms settings or trying to create a new room. Swapped out the jar and all worked fine again except the frame buster is back in place. Is this source code from the 3.6.4 build or the beta? Also, was there some other piece of code in the frame buster that other parts relied on? If you need any logs let me know and I can reproduce the error and get you the output. That’s all assuming you’d be willing to help figure this out.

Let me know. Thanks Again!

Hi William,

I did use the current trunk as this was the most easy way to go. I did wonder whether it was a good idea to post the whole jar file and not only “org/jivesoftware/openfire/admin/login_jsp.class”.

Please extract this file using your favorite zip program (7zip, winzip, jar, …) and replace the old one in a copy of your backup.

There is as far as I can tell no code which relies on the break-frames code as it is a more or less static jsp/html page and I have no idea why it was added. One can also work around this by using a static HTML page stored locally or on another webserver, anyhow I wonder whether this does help you:

<form action="http://example.com:9090/login.jsp" name="loginForm" method="post">
    <input type="hidden" name="url" value="/index.jsp">
    <input type="hidden" name="login" value="true">
    <input type="text" name="username" size="15" maxlength="50" id="u01" value="admin">
    <input type="password" name="password" size="15" maxlength="50" id="p01" value="MyH0use1sY0urH0useAndY0urH0use1sM1n3">
    <input type="submit" value="Login"></td>
</form>

LG

I’m going to try the replacing of the specific file.

The problem with using the static html page is that when you logout of Openfire it goes back to the login.jsp which would then break frames again.

Working perfectly now! Just replaced the login_jsp.class. I initially had thought about doing it that way, but was unsure of how to recompress the file after opening it and then I remembered I can add one file to an uncompressed archive . I’m not always the brightest of bulbs. I forget tiny little things like that, that make my life a lot less painful. Thank you again LG for all the help!